Boy oh boy do I have a yummy snack recipe to share with you guys! I love playing around with ingredients in the kitchen and coming up with something delicious. I’m also a huge fan of easy recipes and portable snacks. Enter: no bake oatmeal protein balls!
These poppable treats would be delicious for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, dessert, or even before a run! They’re packed with yummy and healthy ingredients and are super easy to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla flavored brown rice protein)
- 3 TB honey or agave
- 1/4 cup Justin’s maple almond butter
- 1/4 cup Justin’s vanilla almond butter
- 1.5-2 TB chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 2-3 splashes cashew milk (you could also use almond milk)
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir until well combined. I started with a splash of cashew milk and added more as needed to get everything incorporated.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, roll the mixture into balls and refrigerate for at least an hour. I was able to get a dozen using my cookie scoop.
- After the hour is up, go to the fridge, open your mouth, and chow down. Try to exercise self-control and not eat all of them, but hey, I’m not one to judge.
I hope you guys enjoy these! Let me know if you try them 🙂
Recipe adapted from PBFingers