Hello & happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week. I’m still resting my foot, wearing my Nike’s most of the day while walking around, and biking/strength training. I’m happy to report I took a Pure Barre class Thursday morning and the instructor was easily able to adapt the exercises for me–I just couldn’t do anything on my tip toes, but it was still just as hard with my feet flat on the ground. I’m so glad she was able to make it work for me so I didn’t have to miss out on classes for a few weeks! I also got some cute new workout gear for Pure Barre–I won the sports bra during a Pure Barre Instagram sale and bought the tank top the other day.
I’m also super pumped because I fly to South Beach tomorrow afternoon!! I’m visiting my parents for a week, and my Little Bear is flying out Monday-Thursday to see me! We’re going to have so much fun getting some sun and sipping cocktails. I probably won’t do any blogging next week so I can just focus on spending time with everyone, but make sure you follow me on the Insta to see pics of my vaycay!
I thought it’d be fun to do a Friday Faves post on my favorite latest workout jamz (do you like how I added a ‘z’ on the end to make it super cool?). I love a mix of hip hop/trap music with some throwback songs too!
1. 2 Chainz ‘Watch Out.’ I love me some 2 Chainz. I listen to this song all the time, especially when strength training–I feel like it makes me have a little more swag when I’m getting my lift on! I also love to sing the lyrics to Brandon, just to remind him I’m hardcore. Also, the music video is pretty hilarious (do people watch music videos anymore or am I the only one?).
2. Meghan Trainor ‘You Too.’ I mentioned this song before in a previous Friday Faves post, but it’s easily still one of my favorite songs to workout to. The beat makes it great for either strength training or cardio, and makes you feel a little sassy too!
3. Desiigner ‘Panda.’ I’m not gonna lie, I felt pretty cool when some of my seventh graders started rapping this in class and I wanted to jump in because I knew the lyrics. This is another song I love when strength training. #swag Also the meme going around of the song cracks me up. Listen to it and you’ll get it.
4. Macklemore ‘Can’t Hold Us.’ This is probably my favorite song on my half marathon playlist. It just gets me so pumped–I love the beat and the lyrics. I’m pretty sure when I do my long runs I sing it out loud, which is a great look. I doubt anyone notices (sike).
5. 50 Cent ‘P.I.M.P.’ I used to listen to Fiddy all the time back in college and his songs are still great to listen to while I’m working out. Or while I’m getting ready in the mornings and dancing around.
I also love listening to some old school Britney and Christina, and Blackstreet! No diggity, no doubt.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Favorite new/old school workout songs?
Did I earn some cool points saying jamz instead of jams?