Hi guys & happy Friday! I’ve been off work all week due to Snowzilla, but I’m lucky that I’ve been able to get out of the house, walk to the gym each morning and stick to my training plan. I’ve had some great runs this week and can’t wait to share week 4 of training with you Sunday!
Let’s check out what I’m loving this week:
1. Victoria’s Secret Shopping Experience. I decided to venture out Wednesday afternoon to the mall and do a little undergarment shopping since I was in desperate need of some new bras. I grabbed some in my usual size, but the lady informed me the next size up would probably fit me better. I practically hugged her and strutted out of the store like I was a Baywatch Babe. Look out world, this peacock is showcasing it’s new feathers!
2. Everest. One of the nice things about having snow days is Brandon and I have been able to watch a bunch of movies we’ve been wanting to see. We finally watched Everest the other night and I loved it. I mean I thought I was pretty B.A. for hiking Glacier National Park, but this movie put that to shame! I can’t believe there are people out there who have climbed it, especially considering how incredibly physically demanding it is.
Ummmm heads up, I will never in a bajillion years climb across a ladder over ICE like that. Bye Felicia.
3. Oiselle ‘Lesko’ Bra. First of all, let’s all do a little golf clap for myself that I haven’t done any online shopping while I’ve been off this week. I know, crazy! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been on the Oiselle site at least twice a day and add stuff to my cart, then remove it. However, last week I did buy a new sports bra and am loving it. The Lesko bra is soft, comfortable, and most importantly, it doesn’t chafe! I also love that it has removable cups so the entire world doesn’t know whether or not I’m cold, if you catch my drift.
4. Speed Work. I’m really loving the speed work incorporated in my training plan. You’d think I would dislike my hardest runs of the week, but I can’t get enough! I love the feeling I get after I’m done running 400m repeats or a tempo run. I never thought I’d be able to run below a 9:00/mile pace, but speed work has taught me I’m tougher than I thought. And since it requires me to dig deep, running at my GHMP (9:05/mile) actually feels reasonable when I’m doing my Thursday pace runs.
5. Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. These PB cups are ridic. And they taste just as good as Reese’s! And they’re better for you! So go buy a bag and stuff your face! These have come to the rescue during my chocolate cravings, and I love stashing them in the freezer for when I need a quick chocolate fix. Bonus: I found a bag at a local organic market that sells individually wrapped packets.
Hope you guys have a great day!
What’s on your weekend agenda? I have an 8 miler Saturday that’s looking more and more like it will be indoors yet again, followed by hopefully finishing Making a Murderer!
Speed work–yay or nay?
Should I reward myself for refraining from online shopping all week by shopping this weekend?! I need all that cute running gear!