Happy Friday! Did this week drag on for anyone else like it did for me? It was so painful! But, I was happy to get back on track with healthy eating and working out, that’s for sure. Here’s my breakdown so far of how I got my rear back in gear:
Monday: 45 minutes on the elliptical. It felt so good to get some cardio in! My plan was to focus mostly on cardio this week, but after work I did some squats, clamshells, and leg raises to strengthen my glutes/hips.
Tuesday: 3ish mile run sans Garmin. I had planned to do 4 miles with my Garmin, but it was raining out (and the rain got steadily heavier during my run) and my feet were getting uncomfortably soaked, so I had to cut my run short. But it felt good to get back out there!
Wednesday: 4 miles on the treadmill with 5×400 m repeats. Oh Mylanta. This one was tough. It had been so long since I had done any speed work, and I had to take some walking breaks after my repeats.
Friday: 4 mile run.
With Christmas just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to focus my next few Friday posts on gift ideas. This week the focus is on the fitness lover in your life!
1. Hydro Flask Wide-Mouth Vacuum Bottle. It’s no secret that people who love to get their fitness on need to get their hydration on as well. I actually discovered this water bottle when my Little Bear was in town–this baby kept her water cold all day. Like, for real all day. I actually put it on my Christmas wish list along with the straw attachment. I asked for it in the purple color if you want to ship it to me, ha!
2. Spa Day TLC. After my 1st half marathon, Brandon gave me a massage gift certificate and it was amazing. My legs were sore and stiff and needed more lovin than my foam roller could provide. Treat your fitness lover to a massage, or even a pedicure to spruce up those tootsies!
3. ClassPass Gift Card. I’ve heard great things about ClassPass and think it would be a great gift idea for the fitness lover who is into several different types of workouts or wants to try something new. I’ve had my eye on Pure Barre for a while!
4. StrideBox Gift Subscription. Ok, so this one is focused on someone who loves running (cough, me) but I think it could still be a cool gift for a fitness lover in general too. I mean, who doesn’t love getting free stuff to test out?! With StrideBox, you can get your fitness lover a one, three, or six month subscription and each month they’ll get fun items ranging from energy bars and gels, apparel, and other extras.
5. A Snazzy Gym Bag. Confession: I actually use a reusable grocery tote as my running/gym bag. Not cute. I mean, it gets the job done, but if your fitness lover is looking for a functional and cute way to organize their stuff, there are some super cute gym bags out there. They’ve come a long way since my Adidas gym bag days of high school! I’m loving this bag, this one, and this although it’s a bit of a splurge.
Other ideas could be socks (great stocking stuffer!), a delicious pre or post workout bar, over the ear headphones (I wear these running and love them!), an activity tracker, a cute puffer vest for outdoor activities (you guys know I’m all about the Basic White Girl vest!), or a cute pair of tights!
Hopefully this list helped generate some ideas on what to get the fitness lover in your life–or some ideas on what you want to ask Santa for 🙂
Any additional ideas for fitness gifts?
Share what’s on your weekend agenda!