I’m so glad this week is over, especially since it means only one more week to go before Brandon comes back home! This is how I plan on leaving work today:
Haha not really–my middle schoolers would look at me like I was cray cray. And I definitely wouldn’t look as graceful, let’s get real. I’ve had a great week of running, and am looooooving this cooler weather! Here’s what my exercise/running has looked like so far this week:
Monday: 30 minutes elliptical & core work. Should’ve been longer than 30 minutes but I overslept a bit, ooops.
Tuesday: 4 mile outdoor run.
Wednesday: 400m repeats on the treadmill, with 1 mile warm-up for a total of 3.5 miles (I hate doing a cool down! Ain’t nobody got time for that!).
Thursday: 4.5 mile outdoor run.
Friday: Rest day.
I’m not quite sure what my Saturday run will look like since I need to hit the road at 9:00 that morning to go to a bridal store with my friend so I can learn how to bustle her dress. I’m hoping I can get 8 miles in but we’ll see.
Let’s hop into my Friday faves!
1. La Croix Sparking Water. Confession: I used to be a huge diet soda addict. Then I decided to replace bubbly soda for something else bubbly.
Ha, kidding (sort of). I missed having a carbonated drink on occasion but didn’t want anything with Aspartame/other artificial sweeteners. Enter, La Croix! I love the grapefruit and mango flavors (they also have a toasted coconut one I need to try), and they fulfill my craving for something bubbly. Except on days where work was insane, then I follow F.Scott Fitzgerald’s lead.
2. Trader Joe’s Coconut Cashews. These things are so freaking addicting. I’ve had to stop buying a bag every time I go to TJ’s because I can polish these bad boys off in a week, easily. Sometimes glazed nuts can be a little too sweet, but these have just the right amount of sweetness AND they’re dusted with coconut. Yum!
3. Online Shopping. Can we take a moment to discuss how amazing online shopping is? I mean seriously. I haven’t really enjoyed going to the mail since like college–too many people, I hate waiting in lines, and I hate trying stuff on. Enter the likes of Rue Lala, Haute Look, Stitch Fix, and Amazon Prime. Yes, I sometimes buy stuff I don’t need, but I love the convenience of these sites and the comfort of being able to try stuff on at home. And I mostly enjoy online shopping because of this:
4. Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate. As I mentioned in my previous post, I’m attempting to cut out dairy to see if it makes a difference with bloating, skin issues, etc. I haven’t really been missing cheese or yogurt (yet), but the other night I was craving hot chocolate and searched for a dairy-free version I could make at home. This vegan recipe was so good! I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, dairy-free chocolate chips, 1/2 Stevia packet, and vanilla extract. Tasted just like the real thing!
5. Fall Vests. My inner BWG has just discovered the trend of pairing puffer or fleece vests with a button down and jeans. I’ve been eyeing this fleece vest in the Marshmallow color, and this puffer vest in Navy. Sometimes a coat is too much, and I hate sweating, so these vests add just the right amount of warmth. I mean, how cute are these looks?
Secretly I’m hoping Brandon is reading this post and ordering the vests as we speak, HA!
I hope you all have a great day, and remember: