Happy Halloweekend everyone! Although I’m super bummed my parents are leaving Sunday to go back home, I’m really excited for our friends to get married Saturday! It’s not a Halloween themed wedding so I won’t be showing up in my favorite costume to date:
A giant banana! Also love that my friend Natty AKA my WFL (Wife For Life) wore a Spongebob outfit. Pretty sure we were the best dressed people in Baltimore that night. Also, don’t worry, if we become good friends I will give you your own special nickname like all of my other girlfriends have 🙂
Anyways! I had a pretty low-key running/workout week with my parents in town (and I was too busy stuffing my face with all of the delicious food and treats Deb made). Here’s the breakdown:
Monday: 20 minutes intervals on the elliptical with core and lower body strength moves.
Tuesday: 4 mile easy run.
Wednesday: 4 miles in the rain. This should’ve been my speed day but the gym wasn’t open when we got there!
Thursday: 5K run. I slept poorly the night before because of a huge storm that rolled through. I was tempted to just sleep in, so I’m proud of myself for dragging my butt out of bed at all! Also did some upper body strength training after work.
Friday: 6-7 mile run.
I’ll be taking Saturday and Sunday off since we’ll be gone for the wedding. Who wants to wake up early to go to a hotel gym when you can be hanging out with friends and sipping mimosas? Not me.
Time to hop into a few of my favorite things:
1. Adele ‘Hello.’ Is anyone else as obsessed with this song as I am? I can’t get enough of it. It’s so raw and emotional, it almost brings a tear to my eye. Side note: I’m pretty sure I sound just like her when I’m belting it out in my car.
2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins. I’ve come to the conclusion that I really just can’t buy a bag of these and tell myself I’ll just have one per night for dessert. I mean it’s really laughable. They’re so addicting! And I love the cute little pumpkin shape.
3. Food Network Magazine Thanksgiving Issue. Deb gets me a subscription every year for this magazine and my favorite issue, without a doubt, is the Thanksgiving one. Especially this year, since Brandon and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our house, so I’m in charge of cooking! Some of the recipes that I’m planning on making are the classic roast turkey, apple sausage stuffing, and the best mashed potatoes ever.
4. Babies in Halloween Costumes. Ok so Brandon and I are pretty certain we’re not going to have children, and the one thing I think I will be sad to miss out on is picking out a cute baby Halloween costume. I mean they are so freaking adorable. Just look at these:
Luckily I can still play dress up with Rusty:
Don’t let his face fool you, he’s really excited to dress up as a wiener dog this year!
5. The Sweet Lobby. I’m not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but Brandon and I live four blocks from (IMHO) the best cupcake shop in all of D.C. Georgetown Cupcake, Red Velvet, and a couple other places get a lot of hype, but I think Sweet Lobby is the best. They have every flavor of cupcake (and macaroon!) you can imagine, and I love the ones that have the filling on the inside so when you bite into it, all the delicious gooey-ness (is that a word?) spills out. Bonus: they have yummy vegan flavors too! If you ever come visit D.C., you have to try this place! I’ll walk four blocks and meet you and we can stuff our faces together!
I hope you guys have a great Friday and wonderful weekend! I should have another wedding weekend re-cap for you Monday!
Are you a Reese’s addict? Which is better, Reese pumpkins or the Reese Easter egg?
Favorite cupcake flavor?
Best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn, or best Halloween costume you’ve dressed your baby/pet in?