With Brandon traveling so much for work, I often find myself turning to the crock pot to cook dinner for the week. Ok, and sometimes I just don’t feel like cooking dinner when I get home because the couch is calling my name. I love the convenience of crock pot dinners–dump everything in, head out the door, and dinner is served when you get home!
I thought it would be fun to list a few of my favorite go-to crock pot dinner recipes to share!
1. Crock Pot Garam Masala Chicken & Chickpeas. If you love Indian spices and chicken thighs (you could probably substitute chicken breasts if you prefer), this recipe is right up your alley! I like to add cinnamon to it as well.
2. Ground Turkey Broccoli Slawghetti. This is perfect for anyone looking for a low carb crock pot recipe. I like to add mushrooms to it as well to give it a meatier texture, and top it off with some nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor!
3. Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken. This is one of Brandon’s favorite recipes! We love to serve it over quinoa to soak up the broth.
4. Ginger Chicken with Watercress. I found this recipe in one of my Food Network magazines, made it last week, and loved it! I love the ginger flavor, and you can make the sauce the night before in a blender and set it in the fridge until you’re ready to dump it in the crock pot the next morning. I also added extra mushrooms to the recipe, and topped it off with cashews!
5. Low Carb Crock Pot Chili. I tested this recipe out last winter and really liked it. I like to double some of the veggies to it to give it a little more oomph. It’s pretty versatile so you can add whatever you want!
And on days where even prepping the crock pot is too much….
Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Favorite crock pot recipes?